View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 02:15 AM   #97
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Call it "nutsucking" if you want, but if there's anything I think one can say about Cuban is that he will do whatever is in his power to bring a championship to Dallas.

You dispute that because he let Nash walk. So you're saying that letting Nash walk was only about saving money, and that he knowingly sacrificed the greater good of this team for his wallet. I'm telling you that's bullshit. I'm saying he made the decision that he ultimately thought was best for the team. I'm not saying he was right, but merely what his goal was; it was the same as it was before and still is today.
Spiral, I like you, so I am going to refrain from any venom, but do you realize what you are saying?

Cuban MADE AN OFFER to Nash on the dawn of free agency. He WANTED Nash. And, over MONEY, he did NOT get the player he WANTED.

I hate to use caps like that, but how else will you understand. Cuban wanted Nash, and he didn't get Nash. And the ONLY think standing in the way was money.

Now, if you want to say: Wow, look how well Cuban responded after he on the Nash negotiations, that's okay with me! That's certainly where I am now.

If you want to give him a pass for his God-awful GM'ing in the summer of '04, perhaps because he explaained himself to you in his blog, I'm cool with that. But recognize it for what it is.

He wanted Nash to be his point guard, for several years. When he learned that Nash wouldn't be, he worried about his first-round draft pick being unprotected.

Has he recovered decently? Yes, he has. But please, don't give the idiot credit for his bonehead decision.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-25-2006 at 06:54 AM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote