View Single Post
Old 01-31-2008, 04:01 AM   #59
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbcool
If they played one on one, I think Dirk will win.
But for the sake of argument:
Dirk is a Great Offensive weapon.
He is the best mismatch in the NBA. A 7 footer that can shoot anywhere on the court.
And yet, that same 7 footer is not a weapon on Defense.

Josh is a good offensive player and a good defenisive weapon.
He can strive on both sides of the ball. Not only does he average 21 points a game and grab almost 8 boards a game, but he guards the best player on the opposing team every game.

Dirk averages one more point and and one more board a game. So in that since, they put up similar Offensive numbers. What sets them aside is the Defense. For that very reason, Josh Howard is my favorite player on this team.
If Josh Howard is your favorite player, that's fine.

If you're saying Josh is better player, then you just simply don't understand the game. Dirk is not only a better player, but they are not even close. Dirk is in another class. And again, it's just meaningless when you dole out stats like PPG. "Dirk averages one more point." Dirk is unguardable. Josh isn't. Josh Howard is a very good player, but he is not a franchise player. Dirk is.

And please, don't get me started on Josh's defense. I don't think there's a player in the league more overrated defensively than Josh Howard. He's not a bad defender by any means, but he's nothing special either. Frankly, as far as their positions are concerned, he's not much better a defender than Dirk.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote