Thread: Wackonomics
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #154
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

in which a banana republican gets his panties into a wad...

Quote:
Are We A Banana Republic?

I'm stupefied to find that some people are defending the constitutionality of Nancy Pelosi's discriminatory, confiscatory and retroactive tax on people who receive bonus income from companies that got TARP money. I would have considered it a bright line rule that the government can't identify a class of unpopular people and impose a special tax on them. What's next? A 100% income tax on registered Republicans, retroactive to last year? If Pelosi's bill passes muster, why not?

ct'd....
if I were to write an essay with the same title, it'd go something...well...it'd go exactly like this:

Quote:
Are We a Banana Republic?

Yes.
The banana republicans have spent most of the last decade ignoring the constitition or finding some tortured logic to violate the spirit of the constitution or bashing a guy like R. Paul for being a stickler about the constitution. The only time the banana republicans care about the constitution is when a democrat is busting one of their fat banker buddies. If the b. r.'s had given a whit about the constitution over the last decade we wouldn't be in as big of a mess as we're in, so when I read or hear of a banana republican gettin' all constitutional over this issue I simply think "extreme profanity deleted by forum moderator".