View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 01:56 AM   #38
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I went to the game tonight and was glad the Rangers finally got off schneid in that fourth inning. I don't know much about baseball, but I was a little surprised they pulled Ogando so quick. Wasn't he supposed to be our long reliever in the postseason anyways? He seemed like he was pretty effective but Wash called it a night for Ogando after a mere inning. Feels like Wash was a little quick with the hook there.
I suppose Ogando could be used as a long man..but with a day off, Wash had he pen set up how he wanted it (obviously he'd like the starter to go longer).. Ogando to Uehara to Adams to Feliz.. The Uehara link in the chain just didn't quite work out. I wouldn't be shocked to see those two flip flopped.

And yeah, Ogando can go more innings..but I think Wash likes the idea of him being able to pitch in several games in a series if necessary. Of course, if a situation arose where they needed someone to go 3-4 innings in a close game, I think it would be Ogando that would get the call. I suppose it all just depends upon the situation.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote