View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 06:24 AM   #16
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterChaffy
I've avoided starting a thread about this game on the board, because for the most part, it is an Anti-Sooner board. But, since someone else did start it:

These calls were horrendous. Even if the ball maybe had gone 10 yards (it didn't) which Chum posits, it does clearly hit an Oregon player first. After the review, the officials stated the ball hit an OU player first. There is absolutely no way they can see this. If they see 10 yards, fine, it may be close. But an OU player first???? Batshit retarded. Then, Patrick recovers the ball! Nobody had clear position, there was no reason to whistle the play dead, as the refs claim. How they can give it to Oregon is beyond me.

The pass interference call was pretty ridiculous as well.

Ugh. I can't believe there is even a chance of this getting voided. I'm pretty happy that the Pac-10 even suspended these guys. After the Tech game last year, I was beginning to think the NCAA had it out for the Sooners. However, that team wasn't really going anywhere anyway. But this team had a (very small) chance of a BCS game. No more.
I am probably the biggest UT homer on a board full of UT homers which means im not exactly an OU fan. That said, OU got robbed. I dont think the game could/should be voided but i do feel they definitely got robbed. The PI call was one of the worst calls ive ever seen considering they had time to review it and still missed it. As for the onside kick, i dont think it went 10 and i do think they hit the OU player inside of 10 yards before he touched the ball which if im not mistaken is also a penalty but im not certain about that one.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote