View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 01:03 AM   #428
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Yeah, sometimes it correlates and sometimes it really doesn't (Irish). I know it was at least once recently, was it possibly twice that they had the "top-rated" recruiting class? Riiiiiight.

Hey now I'm not afraid about that comment. Like I said, we usually get the scraps that UT, OU, and probably A&M don't take...we can just turn into some pretty good stuff. Just think if we had the same kind of recruiting classes as your boys in ATX.
ND certainly hasn't lived up to their talent, but that's probably the only really big disparity I've seen in recent years. Tennessee has had some good classes, so maybe you can throw them in there too. But over the past 5-6 years, the top recruiting schools have been: UT, Oklahoma, LSU, USC, Florida, Ohio State. That's a pretty solid correlation.

Tech with top-5 recruiting class caliber talent would be ridiculous. Hell, if Tech even had the talent on some of the A&M teams they were walloping 4-5 years ago, they would have done some even more serious damage.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote