View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Lebron won't be winning for a while if he goes the NY or NJ route. He'll also be making less money on the contract since I'm positive Cleveland will not S&T him to an Eastern team. He'll make some money in endorsements, but is it worth sacrificing winning? Something tells me he'll have no problem landing endorsements anywhere he goes.

The Lakers I believe could pose legitimate competition to land Lebron in a S&T. They have sufficient, if not better, assets than the Mavericks to give up. They could gut some of their talent and still be extremely competitive (Bynum or Gasol would undoubtedly have to be a part of the deal), and they have the location and winning atmosphere in their favor. But like you said, does Lebron want to share the same arena / same spotlight as Kobe? Can those two dominant and high ego wing players coexist? Will their styles of play compliment each other?

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 01-28-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote