View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #136
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

completely new roster, so no concerns yet.

Kaman looked really good on both ends and will be better as he learns the sets. A few times, he was able to post and pass it out for open threes and I liked how he was active off the ball, which kept his man honest. Against a real team, he could milk the holes in the defense and keep double teams off Dirk.

Collison looked good and his stat line reflected his ability to score. I'd like to see more aggressiveness driving because he was great when he did. He also needs to learn how to pass-- he'll never be Nash but he didn't seem to know even how to get it to Dirk, which is an issue.

Mayo Looked good in stretches, particularly on defense. On offense he looked a bit lost and like he didn't know how to make an impact, which is to be expected. His shooting form looked good and he moved his feet well.

Matrix Looked like one of the most spritely players out there. I don't know if it was just the shortened season which had him gassed or if it's Crowder climbing up behind him, but the guy looked like mid-20s Matrix. Hopefully he'll be productive again this year.

Carter I think he may be another one that really benefitted from a regular schedule. He wasn't blazing fast, but he looked like he was in great shape and his jumper was looking good. If he can play a little defense and knock down threes, he'll be an important piece. I just hope that the regular season and his diminished roll will mean that he avoids fatigue this year.

West I got the feeling he was pushing himself too hard. He was erratic and just looked lost for a guy that played here last year. He'll never be our point, but his decision making today was a little lacking even for an SG. Hopefully it's just jitters and dust and he'll recover.

Crowder I didnt see a lot of him, but he made some pretty solid decisions and played hard. Like Mayo, I don't think he knew what his roll was and how to make a difference offensively, but he played hard defensively. It'll be interesting to see how he fares against players at the next level physically. Today he got beat a few times but it was never because he lacked physical tools.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-07-2012 at 01:12 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote