View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #139
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Collison inability to feed the post is the result of him not taking an extra step before the pass. He is short so making the entry pass becomes difficult if the spacing isn't correct. Other than that he was pretty good especially when he pushed the tempo.

Marion was the Mavs best player until he had to defend PG's. Him running through screens and chasing little guys wore him down so he is going to be better this year.

Carter was productive last year until he had to take on a larger role because of Odom. as long as his minutes stay short he should be effective.

Crowder reminded me of Ian w/o the fouls. He was active, so active that he was everywhere that he shouldn't have been.

Dirk had some quality shots that he missed. However, he didn't get the shots he wants to take. I think Dirk prefers the ball delivered in his pet spots so he can dribble or back down and find the rhythm on his jumper as opposed to catch and shoot. He looked spry as far as running the court, grabbing rebounds, not so spry.

Kaman was good but once that ball comes to him he is taking the shot which isn't always the best thing.

Mayo is a good playmaker but he is missing something.

I felt sorry for Dominique. He knows to automatically go towards to the rim when he gets the ball but after that the positive ends. He is missing something and it isn't just a jump shot.

Roddy finally has a NBA body. His ankle injury didn't look serious at all. I'd be surprised if he isn't ready for the Houston game. His footwork looks better on his jumper. However, he has to become aggressive. He has to call his own number sometimes and push the tempo like Collison.

The West/Roddy can only work if they switch roles. Roddy has to bring the ball up court. West tries too hard when he brings the ball up court for some reason. He is totally different when he is the secondary initiator of the offense. The PnR/P with him and Dirk should/could be money.

Offensively and defensively, it looked like a pickup game for the Mavs.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote