View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 02:47 AM   #4
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Be honest Mavs fans. JJB was never a great player for us except in the 2011 playoffs. We ended up playing 2 teams that did not have anyone quick enough to cover him. He killed the Lakers because Derrick Fisher was 40 years old. Before that he was mostly inconsistent. I love him because without him, we don't win the championship. Starting him against Miami was one of the riskiest, smartest coaching moves in an NBA Finals of my lifetime, and I turn 60 today.

But do I expect him to be a lot of help now, when all the teams we need to beat are stocked with young, quick guards? Not really. If Carlisle wants him, I'm ok with it, but its not like I'm jumping for joy.