View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #40
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Yeah with the way the roster looked at the end of the season, Wes was basically option 2 or 2a, when he should be option 4 or 5 and getting a majority of his looks off of catch and shoot opportunities.
Yeah I agree. Wes needs a guy who can break down the defense to flourish on his catch and shoot opportunities. His %'s on catch and shoot was not far off from his prior average but he didn't get as many of those looks as he did with Portland. He had to try and get more offense in other ways which is not a strength of his. Deron doesn't break a defense down consistently unless it's crunch time(and he's hurt a lot), Felton did it but seemed to bowl his way to the rim more often than look for a kick out, and JJ also had some moments but not a consistent threat like he had with Lillard much less having a LMA, in his prime as well to keep the defense honest. Parsons brings some of that playmaking but he needs a screen to do it and even then he's better IMO for a rolling 5 cuz his length challenges defenders inside instead of quickness which would bring perimeter guys in like a pg would potentially do. The one issue could be that Wes might not ever be as good here offensively as he was with the Blazers because we don't have those kinds of players currently on this roster. And I don't see one of those guys in this years free agency that we can bring in here realistically. I still don't regret the signing because he does bring defense and an attitude this team needs.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote