View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 01:57 PM   #33
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
It's really hard to blame Kidd for the rotations. Who was he supposed to play in the frontcourt? With Lively out he had only a few options: Kleber (sucked balls), Powell (okay but doesnt protect the paint), Holmes (huge defensive liability)

I used to think this team needed a stopgap starting center. With Lively being so good so quick, I now think that we need a quality second stringer. If Lively is sick/injured or gets in foul trouble, the rest of the bullpen is an absolute liability.

Powell-- third stringer at best
Kleber -- might be done
Holmes -- unplayable if a team is using length and being aggressive inside.
I've been clamoring for the Mavs to adequately address the center position for a few years.
Lively turned out to be a good pick but they still took a huge risk going into the season with only him as a legit sized center.
Gotta find another big center.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-09-2023 at 01:59 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote