View Single Post
Old 11-06-2003, 10:14 AM   #10
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Trade Walker....

Antoine Walker makes this team a devastating half court team. He passes the ball better than any big man in this league, with the possible exception of Chris Webber. He has incredible range, he can run the court, he's a decent defender, he's an incredible leader. He's just a great, great player. Ainge didn't want him in Boston because he perceived Walker as a selfish player who cared about nothing more than his stat line, and who's game consisted entirely of jacking up three pointers.

Ainge was dead, dead, wrong about Walker. He's one of the most versatile forwards in this league and I really think he gets more joy out of making a great pass than he does about dropping threes on people's heads.

He makes Dirk better. He makes the whole team better. Sure, he'll take some shots away from Finley, Nash, and Dirk. But the overall quality of shots on this team will be much better with Walker on the court than with someone like Jamison, who is basically a "give me the ball and get the hell out of my way" type of player. Don't get me wrong, I love Jamison, but Walker is on another level. He is perfect for this team. I hope we don't do something stupid and trade him for a mediocre big man. That would be just plain stupid.

Note to Ainge: Yes, I'm talking about you. Stupid.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote