View Single Post
Old 06-16-2006, 09:49 AM   #44
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

I know I'm forgetting something, but these are all favorites of mine:

The Pianist - I don't know why exactly, since there are so many good ones, but this, of all the Holocaust movies, REALLY moved me. The cinematography, the music, and the story are all superb. Acting wasn't too shabby either.

Shawshank Redemption - For reasons stated above. It's probably the most powerful movie I've ever seen.

Rushmore - My favorite (by a VERY slim margin) Wes Anderson flick. Schwartzman and Murray's performances in this movie are priceless! Great soundtrack, as usual with Anderson movies, and slightly darker, edgier humor than in Tenenbaums or Bottle Rocket. "So you were in Vietnam?" "Yeah" "Were you in the shit?" "Yeah, I was in the shit"

Big Lebowski - This is probably my favorite comedy of all-time right now. I'd say it's one of the most quotable movies I've ever seen because the dialogue is such a riot from beginning to end. Great intertwining storyline is typical Coen brothers, diverse and unique characters, great acting, and a kick-ass soundtrack. "Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber."

Kill Bill 1&2 - If you've seen it, then you already know what I like about it. Awesome storyline, and no holding back on the violence whatsoever. An extreme version of a great action flick, with good acting, good storytelling, and a good soundtrack to boot. Plus, hot women (that can act) always helps.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote