View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #459
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Del Harris Retires from the Nets
Quote:
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Del Harris resigned as assistant coach of the New Jersey Nets on Tuesday, yet another blow to a team on pace for the worst record in NBA history.

The news of Harris' departure was first reported by the Star-Ledger of Newark during New Jersey's 97-93 loss to the Detroit Pistons, dropping the Nets' record to 4-43.

Harris, 72, was hired to assist interim coach coach Kiki Vandeweghe after Lawrence Frank was fired when the Nets got off to an 0-16 start.

"I have seen Kiki go from a man who was trying to encourage a team that was down to one who has developed a good sense of coaching," Harris said in a statement released after the game. "I believe in these recent games there is strong evidence that the team has gotten over the hump and will be much more competitive the rest of the way."

Harris said he was returning home to Dallas, adding he enjoyed his time with the Nets.

"I had not experienced such a losing situation since 1983, but because the players are such good people, the losing of games did not become the chaotic situation that has happened to so many teams who were locked into a total rebuilding year," Harris said in the statement.

Assistant coach John Loyer is expected to step into Harris' role as lead assistant.

Chris Sheridan is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4882179

Translation: The nets are tanking and I want no part of their chicanery

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote