View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #6
jmwilliamson

jmwilliamson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov
I really think this is going to be different, because as you read that last statement of the press release, this has been on the radar for some time. For a congrssman to make that kind of statement is something to think about..I think what got his interest is the Bulls/GS game where Tim may have cost the Bulls the 2nd seed.
It's really not anything to think about and that's exactly why they probably will hold a hearing on it. There are a million things they could be doing that are infinitely more important than whether or not the NBA has a crooked ref or two. Most of those things, however, won't get the name of that congressman in the papers or on television. So they'll hold a hearing on this when they should be focusing on things that truly matter. It makes me sick.

I love NBA basketball, but when it really comes down to it, the whole league could disappear and it doesn't actually matter. It's just entertainment. They need to stick to business like health care, making sure our troops get everything they need to succeed (or a way to get the hell out of that war), the poor state of education, and on and on and on. But a crooked ref makes for some headlines and name recognition gets votes.

I apologize for my rant.

Last edited by jmwilliamson; 07-26-2007 at 05:23 PM.
jmwilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote