View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #131
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Desolation of Smaug- Totally awesome. I love a kid's action movie that doesn't treat you like an idiot. Sure, the story is somewhat hollow and action sometimes cartoony but who cares? The Smaug scenes were spectacular. He was done perfectly.
Totally agree. Great movie that did everything right, and that's coming from a nerd who read the Hobbit five times before 7th grade and grew up with the cheesy 1977 version.

I was dreading the barrel scene, but it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable parts of the movie. silly but great.

Smaug was done perfectly and Erabor was exactly what my 5th grade mind imagined.

Not an Academy Award nominee by any stretch, but entertaining from beginning to end and loyal enough to the source material, despite adding the characters.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote