View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #132
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Totally agree. Great movie that did everything right, and that's coming from a nerd who read the Hobbit five times before 7th grade and grew up with the cheesy 1977 version.

I was dreading the barrel scene, but it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable parts of the movie. silly but great.

Smaug was done perfectly and Erabor was exactly what my 5th grade mind imagined.

Not an Academy Award nominee by any stretch, but entertaining from beginning to end and loyal enough to the source material, despite adding the characters.
It is kinda strange the amount of flack these movies get by Tolkien "purists" or by some who grew up reading the book. My brother hates these movies(A Hobbit fanatic), and I just can't pinpoint why. Sure, stretching the story out into three movies has flaws, but people just aren't realistic in disliking that when each movie can rake in close to a billion dollars worldwide. And there are pluses to seeing middle earth more grounded with less in your face action like LOTR.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote