View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #148
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
That trailer was just fun. I think Marvel is taking the right tone with this. If the source material is not widely known, make it look like a fun, enjoyable movie. I think this is going to be a hit.
Basically how I feel. The source material isn't well-suited for a mainstream audience, but they seem to be having fun with the characters and hopefully we'll see a lot of Rocket Raccoon/Groot.

I'm not sure I would have had any hope for this movie a few years ago, but movies like the Avengers and Thor (and even the Thor sequel) proved that Marvel can do campy and silly right and make an enjoyable popcorn movie.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote