Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 03:09 AM   #527
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Found this on MMB and this is a big issue after trading DFS especially if they run into the Clippers 1st round

MMB
Tim Hardaway Jr. and Christian Wood are poor fits with the Mavericks' new backcourt. Both are offense-first players, but that is the last thing Dallas needs with Doncic and Irving averaging over 60 points per game combined. The Mavs need 3-and-D wings, an upgrade at the five, and a third playmaker. Without those pieces, Dallas barely raised their chances of escaping the first round of the playoffs, despite having two of the ten All-Star starters on their roster.

The trade market lacks sellers, so finding those missing pieces will be tough and costly. Counting on internal growth from Josh Green and improved play out of Reggie Bullock could cover their 3-and-D needs, but it would force both players to push near 40 minutes a night in the postseason. They will be worn out by the conference finals leaving Dallas one option short.
I'd like to move Wood because I just don't think there won't be a team that isn't willing to throw significant money at him in free agency and we lose another free agent for nothing. But if the right trade isn't there then it can't be helped, and I'm personally less concerned with his fit with regards to the comments above then I am THJ. I'm literally praying we move THJ for just about anything if nothing else to open up some shots for others.

Is Crowder a candidate for a buyout? Not sure a team trades for him and instead looks to get him as a buyout option if that's likely or not I don't know.

Also another aside- Did anyone watch the Cuban interview today? Maybe it's just me but he didn't exactly sound like someone who was for sure making more moves. He said something to the effect of "we are always looking to improve the team but the Kyrie move wasn't a small one". Almost sounded like he was saying "sure we could but we like what we did and are fine if that's all". Cuban isn't one to hold back his words and if they felt they needed to make another move I think his wording would have been different.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx8Kh51kxvA 1:25 is the question I'm referring to- about further moves.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote