Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 03:58 PM   #294
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

First reaction: WTF, this is terrible

Second reaction: I hate it. We get a Morris bro too that Luka hates?

Third take: I want to give it a chance.

[b]WORST CASE[b]
Kyrie doesn't re-sign and we end up with Luka, less talent, and one less FRP
OR
Kyrie re-signs, Luka hates him and forces his way out. Kyrie is our John Wall and we are the Wizards (ew). That 2029 unprotected ends up being#1 overall with all the shit and Nets get the next LeBron/Jordan.

BEST CASE (trying to be optimistic)
Mavs went to the WCF with Brunson. Kyrie is a slightly better Brunson AND we have Wood now too meaning that at least on paper we are a more talented team (time will tell if more talent=better, though). Center is still fucked but we have a starting PF who is starting-caliber and has good height in Wood (6'11" vs. Dodo's 6'7")

SD was alright, but he was a defensive nightmare and was very hot/cold while Kyrie is much more consistent. DFS was one of my favorites, but his natural position was PF and at 6'7", he was both not tall enough and played the same position as our third star in Wood.

Mavs still have 2027 and if we can somehow net Poeltl or even someone like Bamba, we can be a much better team overall. If we can stay dominant, the 2029 pick will be 20-30 and thus not that important.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-05-2023 at 04:02 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote