View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 12:07 PM   #1316
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

If this was reversed and Cuban was the one who did this I have a hard time believing it would be just a 250k fine. That may be large in the realm of NBA fines but IIRC Cuban was fined 100k back when Lebron was a free agent for simply stating he would sign him after whatever date. The Hawks owner made comments about being interested in James and then rattled off a few other players and got a 25k fine for seemingly the same/worse violation.

I am operating on the assumption that fines for this type of thing could go as high as 5 million and cost draft picks I thought(prolly wrong but that is what I thought it was). 250k to a billion dollar team/owner even if it was for what they state it to be and nothing else... just seems pointless. Would a 250k fine really stop a team from trying to gain an unfair advantage when recruiting players they are trying to pay 20mill a year for?
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote