View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #2732
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

And in keeping with the thread topic...recently watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid on a flight. What struck me during the movie was how hokey it seemed for extended periods of time (the musical numbers are just comically bad). At times I caught myself thinking, "if this film came out today, it probably wouldn't do well critically." I was devouring crow voraciously by the end of the film. Paul Newman and Robert Redford (Brad Pitt is a spitting image of a young Redford) do as good a job as possible turning two bank robbers into sympathetic characters. Recommend it to anyone who's a fan of the Western genre or any movie fan really...just keep in mind it starts off a little slow so be patient.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote