View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #205
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
<snip>
the good question is if you disagree with anything that obama has said (meaning his actual words mind you) in either of the articles....I sure don't find any fault with what he has said.
That isn't my question about agreeing or disagreeing with his words.

My question is: Do you use physical force or words?

This is where the bottom line gets too. If genocide is happening, do you use words and threats to stop it, or do you take action.

IMO -- changing attitudes changes big picture, but changing people changes the present issue. In other words, war only allows you the ability to teach younger people your ways and get them on board with you. War doesn't solve anything except that it resolves the individual issues with the current people that won't change. Example: Saddam would have been just like Castro and thumbed his finger at the US for the rest of his life, IF we just kept talking like we did with Castro and not taken and done it forcefully. With that said, you will never change Iraq with war, but only by working with the younger people there to educate and build something that everyone can be happy with. You will never be able to do this though, as long as some people are in a class system that does not allow them to change classes.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote