View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #37
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
I'm trying to convince myself of the same when it comes to Chandler. He's had a terrific year and, if healthy, can impact a team to a point where he's a difference maker. With that in mind, he had two pretty bad years before joining the Mavs due to injuries and I'm sure many GMs still remember that infamous medical check that led to OKC rejecting a trade. Tyson's injury history could keep some teams from making him a huge offer, especially under the new CBA. How many teams are there anyway that could spend or would want to spend $10+ million dollars for a player like Tyson, given that there's actually less money available? I wouldn't even be surprised to see Chandler give us a discount in order to remain a Maverick instead of going to a crappy team for a million or two more per year.
Nobody wanted to pay the 1 year/$12 million price tag for Chandler last year when Jordan was basically trying to pawn him off on anybody with the cap space to take him. Jordan even ate the Matt Carroll contract to get rid of him. Yeah, he had a pretty good year, but he's also older and his contract will run into his mid 30's now. And there's fewer teams with salary cap room. He's also, at best, the 3rd most attractive center in free agency. Again, I'm not criticizing him because he's exactly what the Mavs need in a center, but we overrate his value around the league because of that and because he was the last piece to the puzzle.
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote