View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #38
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
It's indeed important to note that we have almost $20 million coming off the books as early as June mostly due to Kidd's and Jet's expiring contracts. That and the two-year grace period could certainly create a mindset to spend big money one more time in order to get as much out of the talent we have as possible.

Dirk has three years left and the harsher luxury tax comes into play in two years. I'd be somewhat surprised to see Cuban save money NOW instead of two or three years from now. If I read the reports correctly, we could basically go for another title under the same conditions for two more years.
Yeah. Cuban told he will do anything to repeat. And the Mavs have a great shot to win another 1-2 rings if they keep most of the key guys and keep the bench deep. I dont see him cheaping out after the greatest season ever. He is too much of a fan and a freak.

Invest this year again, even with some iffy LT this year. 2012 Kidd and Terry reduce the payroll significant and 2013 amnesty Haywood.

Last edited by sefant77; 11-26-2011 at 09:37 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote