View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #34
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Seattle shopping Ray Allen

Somehow I don't think that was really offered. Too good to be true.

That would really be sweet if it were though. Daniels/Fin for Ray. Wow, who is Ray's agent? That entension would have to be worked out before they did this, but Wow.

I can't imagine having Allen, Stack, and Howard as my swingmen, with Terry and KVH to play matchup.

You would be the development of either Benga or PPod from knowing that you had the best 9 playing, and could play any style offense or defense needed.
I think I could win 45-50 games [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] - coaching that lineup. Harris, Allen, Howard, Dirk, - with Terry, Stackhouse, KVH, Benga/PPod, Damp, and Bradley available.

Available offense from Terry, Stack, and KVH off the bench.
Two light them up scorers in Allen and Dirk.
Defense/cleanup from Harris, Howard, and the Big.

All good defenders.

Fans would hate me. Bradley would probably start, and run pick-n-rolls with Harris from the high post, with Allen and Dirk coming off screens from everywhere and Howard cutting to the goal with every pick. Then I could bring in Stack for Howard, and let him isolate on the backside. Then KVH and Terry and utilize them as Pick-n-pop shooters. Use the SA defense with the switches on the defensive end, and double everything with 10'.

The speed of Allen and Harris and the length of Howard would create havic for teams. Bradley or Damp or Benga or PPod as determined by the center the other team has, and Benga (provided he develops) to block some shots, and bang with Amare, TD, and KGarnett.

The only true matchup player I would have would be the Center, who would get the start based upon the Center on the other team. All would have a defined role though.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote