View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 07:26 PM   #44
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
what? "80% of americans support abortion"???

that in itself is ludicrous.

the right wing wants to frame the abortion issue in such absolutes it borders on the absurd.

if a poll were taken that says "do you approve of abortions?", it would probably be over 90%, heck maybe 95%, saying no.

and shocking as it may be to you right wingers, I'd predict even the "evil" obama would be in that camp.

newsflash: people can support the right of a woman to have an abortion but still be anti-abortion.

it's just that the majority of americans understand that a woman's right to control her uterus is HER decision, not yours or mine. nor the governments.

so yes, the vast majority of americans support the right of a woman to get an abortion in the case of incest or rape, many americans who oppose a blanket right support these exceptions.

so clearly palin's views denying that right to have an abortion in the case of rape or incest are extreme when looked at versus the vast majority of americans.
I find that right wingers who are against abortion to be hypocritical: follow me on this.

No one has a problem if a woman use drugs or fertilization in order TO have a baby, but if she uses the same science to NOT have a baby it is a sin? How is it OK to play god in choosing when to have a child, yet that same playing god when choosing not to have a child is wrong. If you are against abortion by logic you should be against cesarean and any other artificial method of creating/birthing a child.

The whole abortion issue is smoke and mirrors, used to distract you from REAL issues. Think about how many Americans will really have to chose whether or not to have a child (or even consider that option.) That you let anyone tell you an issue that affects such a small amount of the actual populace should affect your vote makes you a sucker. There are so many bigger issues than whether or not a 17 year old girl in the inner city decides not to keep a child she couldn't raise.