View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 09:06 AM   #110
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro View Post
I'd be shocked if Bowen isn't on the Spurs next year. But the Spurs don't want to fall into the Stackhouse trap so they're putting on a show so that no one thinks anything was pre-arranged.

Allegedly Ginobili is going to be fine. But, you never know. Unless someone comes along and offers the Spurs a PF/C who's damn near all-star caliber I can't see the Spurs moving him. They won't move him just to get some youth on the team. A 32 year old Manu isn't going to land you a young player you can build a franchise around, and without that franchise guy it all falls apart when Duncan can't carry them anymore anyways. So what's the point? The Spurs are looking at a 3 year window and they'll worry about rebuilding then.

I don't trade Ginobilli just for anyone but I think with age and injuries unless he has a all star caliber year which is possible i'd atleast look at some trades out there. His contract is about to expire correct? That's an attractive piece for a team who wants to shed salary yet not tank the season. But i'd probably go to war with the team I have now if i'm the Spurs. They're a big away from being favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
Without talking in circles, the front office has had reasons for some moves they made. The season before kidd, we did win 67 games. The season before that, we did go to the finals. Yeah, a trade could have sparked the team this year. But in all honesty, i think any trade we make that's not a Gasol-type deal would be too much of a chance. I don't know if there's a trade to be had that would put THIS team over the top. That's why Dallas and they're patient fans would probably be better off loading up for 2010. For the last 9 seasons, this team has pulled off steals or pulled off trades where it's clear we got the better part of the deal, but it hasn't payed off.
I'm so sick of hearing about 2010. The only teams worried about 2010 are teams who suck. And no big name free agent is leaving millions on the table to join another team. None. Maybe Chris Bosh and you're even seeing stories about him resigning with the Raptors. This is the perfect time for the Mavs to become buyers because as you can see teams are giving away solid contributors for next to nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Good god, what a bunch of whiny knee-jerkers we have on this board. RJ would not have been a great fit here. Yeah, it really sucks that the Spurs got him, but please people, please stop bitching about how our whole offseason just went out the window.
The Mavs couldn't of used him? Seriously? The Mavs can't use a solid defender who shoots 40% from 3 and attacks the basket? Jefferson on this team would automatically be the second fiddle to Dirk and a legit one. I'm more upset of the potential do nothing off season that's upon us than I am this deal but Jefferson definitely could have helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
Thank you Spiral. Seriously enough is enough. I mean, don't you people ever get tired of complaining about trades and going on about how Cuban sucks? I've been on this board for nearly 7 years. And while i respect the Spurs more than any other team not Dallas, i've seen this happen too many times. Literally EVERYTIME the Spurs do anything, you people act like it's the end of the world. "Oh, the Spurs get Oberto, they're going to groom him to stop Dirk." "Oh, the Spurs won the bidding war for Michael Finley, now we're going to pay for Finley to kill us in the playoffs." "Oh, the Spurs got Nick Van Exel. Just what they need another clutch player to kill us." "Oh, the Spurs just traded for Matt Bonner. They don't need Horry anymore. They're going to kill us." It's upsetting how far this board can have it's nose up the Spurs.

I don't feel they've ever done a single move that puts them over the top. I mean, we're talking about Richard Jefferson. The guy puts up good but not great numbers on average to below average teams. It's not like we're talking about Pau Gasol. On paper this sounds like a good deal, but on paper having Walker/Jamison made us look better. This is a classic Houston Rockets trade.
Wasn't Jefferson the only offensive option for the Bucks? Maybe Sessions? Doesn't that mean with 3 or 4 other options that would make him even BETTER? And i'm not really sure what you mean about a Rockets trade. They traded for Drexler years ago and got a championship. They grabbed Artest for Bobby Jackson and had it not been for a T-Mac and Yao Ming injury who knows what the limit was for that team. I sure as hell give their front office a lot more credit than I give the Mavs.

As far as the Walker and Jamison trades it didn't make us look better on paper when we were starting Dirk and Antoine Walker at the 5 spot. Jamison filled a need. Walker? He added some. I don't see how the Jefferson trade compares.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote