View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #747
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Props to the guys for fighting last night, and to the coach for keeping their fire lit. After the Jason Terry 28 footer early in the shot clock in the second quarter, while OKC was pushing the lead to 16, I really thought the team was ready to fold it in, and I wouldn't have blamed them

As a player, it's gotta be demoralizing to watch key players dropped, see yourself or your teammates in contract limbo, endure a ridiculously condensed season and injuries, endure Lamar Odom trying to derail the team, and get punched in the face early by a team with younger legs and a raucous crowd after a heartbreaking loss in game 1. At that point, lesser men would be content to rest on their laurels, lick their wounds, and head home. I'm sure after going through all that, a weaker team would have just folded it in (like Miami in the finals and the Lakers in the second round). I'm proud of this team for fighting, and I admire Carlisle for helping them believe they can win any game. If this is the swan song for this core, I'm glad it's like this and not like New Orleans or Golden State, where the team just quit on their coach.
Now that is a fan post and accurate. The Mavs aren't, quitting, sulking or anything. They are playing their ass off and getting beat.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote