View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #750
Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these partsMidnight Toker is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
In typical Thunder fashion, Thunder fans and organization members avoid addressing the plain and evident truth underlying the foul complaints. Interestingly, no one has ever disputed that the Thunder are, in fact, getting away with ridiculous, obvious fouls against Nowitzki while being rewarded for much lesser contact on the other end. Since you're conceding that the refs gave you the game, I guess we're on the same page.

But be careful. When you're in your first finals, maybe this year or some years down the line and an opposing player earns an insane amount of phantom free throws while Durant is getting mugged... or maybe when you're in a second round series and you intentionally foul a player and the refs ignore it, and then that player hits a wide open three because everyone on the court assumed the foul was called... or perhaps when your team loses 17 straight playoff games over a decade that one specific referee calls... then you can talk. But you haven't had an NBA team long enough to gain this perspective, son. When you're older, you'll understand.
I may not have had a team to root for but I have been watching nba long before the Thunder came into existence. ITs no secret that officiating can be questionable at times. The thing is it happens to everyone. IT's like football, if you look close enough you can call holding on just about every play; and in basketball, if you look closely you can probably call a foul on just about every play. In the playoffs they let them play a little bit more- which is fine if they call it both ways. I noticed no calls or phantom calls go for and against both teams. It's easy to ignore the ones that go against the other team, and focus on the ones that go against yours. But believe me, its evident on both sides. The difference is dallas is more vocal and whiny about it, while other teams just accept it and go. In retrospect, looking at things, what good does it do to complain? On the court, you risk getting a T and pissing off that official. After the game you risk fines and public scrutiny, and eventually people will just call you a baby. I say that because there's nothing you can do to change it, everyone watched the game, everyone can review it, including the NBA. Anyway, a lot of that is subjective, and if Brooks complained every time things went against Thunder you'd know what I'm talking about, but it's hard to really be objective when it comes to this. I get that.
Midnight Toker is offline   Reply With Quote