View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 06:31 PM   #45
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You make some excellent points in a vacuum, but check out the FA list and get back to me... I mean, I'm definitely not going to argue with you about CV, but if you cross your requirements of "young + athletic" with my requirements of "talented + high BBIQ + right attitude" and factor in likelihood of landing said player, then Candler Parsons rates damn near at the top of the list.

If he can bring Howard here, then I can't really think of a better scenario for this offseason... I mean, we still have Anderson under contract through 2019, and I'd love to see what something like ??/Wes/Simba/Pasrons/Howard looks like while Dirk catches his breath. McGee is out, but I could see Mejri possibly edging out Zaza for a backup spot to Howard, based on price vs potential. Just depends on how he finishes out the season/playoffs.
Okay, I'm not going to argue with you because I get your point, and for the most part I agree with it; however, I should have been a bit clearer, I meant YOUNGER. Yeah, young guys, very athletic with potential really aren't out there and everybody wants them. Well, except for the Mavs... err, Aminu, Crowder... Yeah, we'd have had to give up an older veteran to keep them, but then the team would be younger. Everybody has negatives, even high first round draft choices. When you've still got a guy like CV on the roster, what's the risk of going with a younger guy for the sake of getting younger?

In the end, we're splitting hairs. The Mavs' poor draft history, coupled with their historical carelessness with draft picks and the inability to land a franchise free agent will have them stuck in the middle until Dirk retires. Maybe that's why I'm aggravated at Carlisle for not playing McGee more. He's healthier than he's been in years and shows flashes, so what the hell is there to lose if he plays more? First round exit? That's pretty much a given, but if they can catch lightening in a bottle with a couple of guys (Anderson and Mejri fit that bill imo) then they could surprise. JJB stepping up and Wes's improved play are very encouraging. Lee is a nice pickup. Still, there is a need for more shot blocker minutes. That's why I think McGee, though a longshot to make a big splash, is still the best risk to take as far as finding a little bit more magic on the existing roster.

Last edited by turin; 04-07-2016 at 06:32 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote