Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 05:41 PM   #2147
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I really do like JJJ's talent, but I just can't see the FO and the fanbase being patient with him. He is basically this year's Frank in that he is young and will need time to develop. Don't be surprised at a 7/4/1 season.

I don't care, but an entire season of people crapping on him would suck. And by midseason, are some of us going have meltdowns again if we aren't begging for a loss every game?

I actually feel that it's the perfect time to get a long term development player because the Mavs aren't anywhere near good. We already got the mostly NBA ready Smith and can afford to gamble a little more with a project. That's similar to why I like Bamba who is a little more ready but still a project.

Patience or not?
I just can't see taking a guy at 5 and using the words long term. That doesn't ride with me. Maybe if he's the best 16 year old the world has ever seen, maybe Bronny James. But at 5, I can see a risk like taking MPJ because he has the best chances that people know of to become a superstar, but not a guy we have to wait 4 years for. We need some positive momentum and a something that resembles a core to attract free agents as well as keeping DSJ around. If we aren't taking a guy that is going to come out similar to DSJ and bring excitement and show obvious promise, then wtf exactly are we doing?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote