View Single Post
Old 06-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #111
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Perhaps we have a different definition of journeyman. In my book a journeyman is someone solid who hasn't ever been great.
I understand the term to generally refer to guys who have bounced around the league because they are solid but absolutely not game-changers or franchise building blocks... that sort of thing. But the journey part of it refers to the fact that they have usually played for at least three or four different teams.

Maybe Monroe will ultimately end up that way, but as it is right now he's a solid scorer, a top-15 rebounder (even when sharing most of his minutes/rebounding opportunities with Drummond), and one of the four or five best passers at his position. If he stays a 15/9/2 sort of guy that doesn't really stand out in any other areas, then I agree that he probably isn't worth a 4yr/$65M contract, but considering that he is (A) young with potential, especially with strong coaching in a good environment and (B) a restricted free agent in what might prove to be a relatively unspectacular draft class, if you want to get him to sign with you, you're going to have to overpay him slightly.

Just for fun, what would you peg his value at as a free agent? And what would you be willing to pay him to come to Dallas? Like I said, I think we just have different perceptions of the guy. Just curious as to what yours is.

Last edited by spreedom; 06-20-2014 at 01:16 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote