View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 03:44 PM   #14
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
IF that's the deal you can't argue with it. Knicks clearly got the better end of the deal. Especially if their plan is to move Starbury. STARbury and FranCHISE on the same team. Larry Brown is a genius if he gets this to work. A core of Eddy Curry, Channing Frye, Q-Rich, Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury isn't half bad. I'm not sure what lineup the Knicks are running out there though. I think they may have Jalen Rose starting over Q-Rich.
If that's the deal, ...wow. It makes you wonder exactly why Orlando is willing to let him go for so little. Sometimes less is more.

Haven't ever heard a serious word (only message board conjecture) about them trying to move Starbury. Don't think they're looking to at this point. What's more, wouldn't make any sense. They're clones, though Marbury seems to've been the steadier producer. Probably another trade to come, but it's almost certain to involve Crawford.

Rose has moved ahead of Q-Rich (who's been injured) into the starting rotation. Looking at an opening lineup of Marbury, Francis, Rose, X and Curry--no defense, no one who plays without the ball. Rose is the best one at creating for teammates, but he's 33. They're not going to build around him.

I expect Brown to retire before he gets real production out of a Starbury/Franchise combo, but hell....let'em play. They're not likely to get worse.

Crazy.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote