View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 07:09 AM   #46
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
If Roddy gets more minutes, based on what we've seen so far, I'm pretty sure they are coming from Ross or Terry. Carlisle, and it seems with good reason, does not trust this guy to run an offense. I don't think we've seen any meaningful minutes from Roddy as a point guard yet. Kidd's been in there with him initiating the offense for most of his sets. He seems like he has a lot to learn about spacing, pick and rolls, where his teammates like the ball, and the feel for the game.

The kid has tremendous basketball instincts though, which pay off well when you're on the floor with guys like Dirk, Kidd and Marion and can kinda wander around. I think with some more awareness and familiarity with the NBA game, he's going to be a HELL of a point guard eventually.
This, basically. You don't want the kid to turn the ball over a lot, it's not good for the team (obviously) and it's not good for him either. With that said, from the small sample size, it really looks like he'll be able to run a team in the not too far future, i mean, he has much better hands than Devin for example, and i bet he's a better passer than DH was at that age.

Last edited by Budapest Maverick; 11-18-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote