Thread: Egypt!
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Different situation and times so critical mass would have to be much, much larger but I think if you had enough of the general population, yeah. The military isn't going to take out fellow American citizens.

But maybe I'm just a dreamer.
Take a quick look at the War on Drugs and tell me that the gun-toters who work for our government wouldn't go after their fellow Americans...

Sure, our military will never turn on a majority label such as "Americans" but change the label to a minority like "war protesters" or "share-croppers" or "union members" or "black people" and suddenly you'll notice that our history is riddled with examples of the US government using military force against it's own people...

It's made even easier when a large percentage of our population blindly defends the government outright due to some misplaced sense of "patriotism" (as if the greatness of America is all because of those scum-suckers in Washington instead of the other 99.9% of the population) - your next door neighbor will take your ass out before the military ever has to (that's why extreme partisan politics is the new American pastime...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-03-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: late typo catch
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote