Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 11:08 AM   #844
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Outside Gasol, Conley and Evans, their entire roster is garbage. Absolut garbage. Conley is injuried and thats not their fault. Regarding Evans, they benched him because they thought they are trading him for sure. Bizarre situation but even WITH Evans this roster is still crap.

If Gasol gets a lame ass D2D "sore blablabla" injury, then you can start to talk shit about them.
I'm saying that Conley Jr was reported to be on his way back at the All Star break & then all of the sudden, he has surgery & he's out for the season. Name me another player who missed the season because of a bone spur? A bone spur? I hear those are painful, but most players play through them & address it in the offseason.

Evans MRI on his right rib revealed only slight cartilage damage, and originally head coach J.B. Bickerstaff said he didn't anticipate it to be "a long absence" He's missed 6 games & counting, and his status has switched from day-to-day to out indefinitely. Doesn't jive with the MRI results.

"If Gasol gets a lame ass D2D "sore blablabla" injury, then you can start to talk shit about them"

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! First of all, since when does listing facts constitute talking shit about someone???

Secondly, did you read the part where I said:

Quote:
Call it a coincidence if you want to, but they see the Lakers beat a banged up Spurs team and an hour later it comes out that Marc Gasol is questionable for Monday's game with San Antonio with a "left ankle" injury, when he sat out Saturday night's game due to "rest"
The Grizzlies last game & tonight's game is literally exactly what you said, and the news has been out there for a day. I don't understand what you're talking about.

Friday, Memphis announces Gasol will sit out Saturday due to rest. He's sitting out the second night of a back-to-back, just like he did the last time Memphis had a B2B, and just like he will next Saturday vs the Mavs with Memphis' next B2B. Then, after the Lakers beat the Spurs (the Grizzlies opponent tonight), Gasol goes from sitting out due to "rest" to being listed as questionable with a "left ankle" injury, which today the injury report has been updated to a "left ankle" and a "right quad" injury. There ya go. Anything seem suspicious about that? I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money that Gasol plays Friday vs the Jazz.

Memphis has had players miss a total of 38 games during their 13 game losing streak due to "illness" "injury" and "rest". I don't know NBA injury rates, but that seems sky high. Roughly 3 injured players per game. No way that's normal. Not to mention, they traded James Ennis III at the deadline.

And, pardon my French here, but what kind of dumbass response is "they suck anyways". Seriously, you can just eyeball Memphis' roster, I'd bet my life that you hadn't bothered to open one Memphis box score or read one Memphis injury report, and suddenly you're an expert on their tanking & can write it off as simply "they suck anyways". I mean, does their owner have to go on Dr J's podcast and declare they're tanking for you to pick up on the obvious signs?

That's my biggest problem with folks on this site. I can spend literally a half hour researching FACTS & you can just eyeball it & give off a dumbass response like "they suck anyways" and walk away thinking you're right. If you are right, then why have the Mavs won 3 of their last 13 games? Because they suck too.

Last edited by Magnum_3_Ball; 03-05-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote