View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 02:01 PM   #42
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: The ESPN Draft Special in minutes after the Cubs/Cards game

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
Quote:
What do you base this on? Stackhouse is a career 40% shooter. I know Jamison can't be that low. Only thing they both have in common is that they both got the same amount of minutes last year but one managed to shoot 39% from the field and the other shot 53% from the field. They don't compare at all.
I based it on the stats from NBA.com; perhaps you've heard of it. True shooting percentage is computed by the following formula:
Points / (fga + (fta*.44))
It's a better index of offensive efficiency than fg% because it takes 3 point shooting and productivity at the free throw line into account. For their careers, Stack's true shooting percentage is higher than AJ's. Stack's numbers don't match what AJ accomplished in a Mavs uni, but then again, AJ in a GS uni couldn't match AJ in a Mavs uni.
The stats at NBA.com shows Stack is a career 40% shooter while Jamison is a career 45% shooter. I never said that Jamison was a better free throw shooter than Jamison. I'm going by how they shoot from the field and Jamison is more effecient than Stack. I hope every other GM in the league thinks like you maybe we can dump Stack on someone and it'll bring Shaq in here.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote