View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #146
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Man, I just don't get hating on the idea of signing Fielder. I too see the potential risks, but this is a young stud that has shown no issues with injury despite the large frame. I wonder how many of the 205 athletes from that list could say that they averaged 158 games over their career up to his age. I would guess literally none of them or, at best, 5%. Hell, I wonder how many MLB players at any size could say that...

Guy is a beast and Thiggy said it best - he would immediately be our best hitter. When you think about how many great hitters we have, that is saying something.

Bottom line - If he is available and the money can be spent without mortgaging the future (Josh leaving is NOT mortgaging the future by the way), then you absolutely positively sign this man.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 01-19-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote