Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 05:12 PM   #559
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Yup. Especially if the reports that the Mavs knew JB was likely departing for the Knicks two weeks ago. If that is true, then you either have to up the ante to your offer or look for a SnT. I am just not sure what to make of all this. Again, feels like old times.
Precisely. It feels like the Mavs were indecisive here. Like, they thought they could maybe re-sign him a the price they wanted, so they waited, and then were caught with their pants down when the Knicks went all-out. That's just my impression.

They should have decided very early on to either keep him at all costs, or get something for him. If they wanted facilitate a sign and trade with the Knicks, I think they could have done it easily. But they waited until the Knicks got what they needed elsewhere, and now we get nothing.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote