View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 05:04 PM   #33
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Good Charlotte?, for Jamison it would be

Quote:
Originally posted by: Speedy
Dalm, it's pretty difficult to say. Like alot of other people, I'm not in a hurry to get rid of AJ. I was mostly referring to a rebuilding team being more interested in AW(contract)+#4 pick than AW by himself or AW+AJ. Okafor would be the only player, imo, that could come in and right away 1) fill a big need 2) contribute, but he'll be gone before the 4th pick.

On the topic of who they could get? Maybe a Chandler or a Curry depending on what they want in a center. As you know, unexpected and crazy things can happen in the off-season and with the draft. Teams change their minds all of the time as to what direction they want to go in and as to what other teams are offering, like Phoenix this year.

What are your thoughts?
It is difficult to say as well. I don't think Chandler or Curry are worth the #4. And definately not worth the #4 and Walker. I haven't figured out what the Mavs would want the #4 for. If they do get it, I hope they get either the Serbian that Vlade likes, or the big Russian. A developmental Big Man with huge upside if he pans out would be nice.

My personal "GM for the Day" offseason move would be to trade Walker to Denver for Camby, Anderson, and Jon Barry. Barry and Anderson would have to be Sign and Trades (FA), and Camby can opt out, and be a sign and trade as well (to make the #'s work). Three ROLE players that could fit nicely, and defer their offense to the Big 3 and Jamison (if he is still here).

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote