View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 09:15 PM   #39
Misfit Mav

Misfit Mav will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Good Charlotte?, for Jamison it would be

This is a great thread. Very good discusion. I hate to say, but given our play of late, I have been thinking more and more about the off-season.

Quote:
Originally posted by: Speedy
Dalm, it's pretty difficult to say. Like alot of other people, I'm not in a hurry to get rid of AJ. I was mostly referring to a rebuilding team being more interested in AW(contract)+#4 pick than AW by himself or AW+AJ. Okafor would be the only player, imo, that could come in and right away 1) fill a big need 2) contribute, but he'll be gone before the 4th pick.

On the topic of who they could get? Maybe a Chandler or a Curry depending on what they want in a center. As you know, unexpected and crazy things can happen in the off-season and with the draft. Teams change their minds all of the time as to what direction they want to go in and as to what other teams are offering, like Phoenix this year.

What are your thoughts?
I wanted to give an opinion on this point: I think a trade for Curry or Chandler would be very do-able and probably in the best interests of both the Mavs and Chicago. Chicago GM Paxson has made some recent comments about changing the direction of the team and staying away from high-schoolers (at least in the upcoming draft.) I know Chandler is out of favor there. Walker would be great for the Bulls: he is from Chicago, and could shoulder a lot of the offensive load, which he clearly wants to do. Also, he helps them cut salary if he doesn't work out. I think we could do the following trade:

Dallas Trades:

Antoine Walker

Chicago Trades:

Tyson Chandler
Antonio Davis
Jamal Crawford

This would give us a starting center, who is already a good defensive role-player, which is exactly what we need. I think he will turn out to be like a better version of Marcus Camby. He will give us shot-blocking, rebounding, and some inside scoring. Davis is in for salary reasons but could be a good back-up at the power forward spot. Jamal Crawford could be huge for us coming off the bench behind Nash and Fin.

We would also still have the MLE to use on Ostertag, which I think would give us an excellent center rotation. The line-up would look like this:

Tyson Chandler / Ostertag / Bradley
Dirk / Jamison / Antonio Davis
Howard / Jamison
Fin / Crawford
Nash / Crawford

With Chandler, Tag, and Howard we could finally play some solid man-to-man D, we have an excellent back-up point, and a renewed focus on the big three.
When asked after the Dallas Mavericks impressive game 3 win over the Sacramento Kings whether he thought the Mavs won because they played well or because the Kings played poorly, Nelson responded that it was hard to tell, much like a thermos. "How do it know?" queried the ever eccentric Nelson. When you put something hot in it, it stays hot. When you put something cold in it, it stays cold. "How do it know?"
Misfit Mav is offline   Reply With Quote