View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #196
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

you are reading between the lines ALOT to make some points that you really don't need to.

it is enough to say that a shared religion is not enough to implicate every single member of the faith in some member's wrong-doings. In this country we do not arrest or punish based on the probability that someone will commit a crime in the future, we punish based on the establishment that that individual has indeed committed a crime in the past.

so long winded short... we need to find specific evidence of wrong doing in each and every individual case before punishment is doled out. period.

however, that said... these guys appear to be quite whack. If one of MY daughters wandered in there in her teen years, I would go balistic and rip the place to shreds to get her out (and worry about my personal legal concequences later). Your attempts to pick nits about what they mean by "marriage" in the case of 14 or 16 year girls only weakens your otherwise strong arguments.

We can simultaneusly accept the fact that individuals have been wronged by the authorities (if that is shown to be the case) AND there is all kinds of unsavory shit going on that perhaps SHOULD draw the attention of the authorities... or at least our individual tsk tsking outrage.

i repeat... those guys are whacky, and not in a good way.

Last edited by mcsluggo; 05-29-2008 at 12:12 PM.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote