View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #197
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcluggo
you are reading between the lines ALOT to make some points that you really don't need to.
actually....i'm not reading anything "between the lines"....."chosing each other" is a phrase fundamentalist mormons use on the lines, as is "spiritual marriage." what i'm trying to do is read and comprehend what is actually written on the lines without imposing my own cultural and religious biases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
Your attempts to pick nits about what they mean by "marriage" in the case of 14 or 16 year girls only weakens your otherwise strong arguments.
I don't think it is picking too many nits to ask whether "marriage", however qualified, implicitly means physical consummation especially when a) such a marriage is likely to be held up as evidence of sexual abuse; and b) i've seen plenty to make me think that spiritual marriages aren't necessarily consummated physically.

....let's also add to this that it is absolutely legal for 50 year old men to marry 16 year old girls in the state of texas, and it's even possible for a 55 year old man to legally marry 14 year old girls in the state of texas today. So you too have a nit to pick with regards to the meaning of "marriage" if you want to make the case that the mere fact that a 14 or 16 year old girl is *married* is sufficient reason to shout child abuse.

Quote:
If one of MY daughters wandered in there in her teen years, I would go balistic and rip the place to shreds to get her out
I would do the same if I had a daughter in a public school.

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-29-2008 at 12:54 PM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote