View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #17
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I mentioned this in another thread, but I think Peja is less of a Caron Butler replacement and more of a Tim Thomas replacement (someone we would have missed a LOT this season if Butler and Stevenson didn't have those amazing 3-point shooting stretches...)
I'd say he's an offensive improvement over ole TT, but defensively he's prolly more of a liability. And I still say we miss Stevenson. In all reality, I our bench is at it's best when Marion is playing the 3 instead of the 4. I know the numbers may show the contrary, but I think Marion is somewhat of a defensive liability against teams with big PF's, and if we could just keep him at the 3 we would be a lot better off. But alas, Thomas isn't gonna be here, so we're gonna have to make do.

People need to see this team for what it is, a damn good one, but very different from the beginning of the season. The swap of Peja for TT, and Roddy for CB is fairly significant, especially since it looks like they will both be starting (Peja and Roddy, that is). As of now - and I'm sure this will change with Roddy's return - we look much more balanced than we did early in the season, we just don't have the defensive end of the court down yet. Give Roddy and Peja a few weeks to get integrated into the system, and I think we will have a better gauge for how the FO did. In my mind, at this point, I think our FO has done EXACTLY what it should have done so far, and I LOVE the Peja signing/sighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Things in the mirror are closer than they appear.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote