View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #55
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
By the way, I would like SOMEONE to try to explain that call just before the kick that sent the game into overtime (the fake handoff/pitch to Miles). Why would you run that play? Not just because Miles hasn't been put in that situation all game. Not just because a pitch is significantly more risky than a hand off in general (in a situation where a fumble is completely inexcusable). Not just because he ran to the left to make the kick even more difficult for Bailey.

No, in general, I just want to know why it is that hard to line up and run the damn ball like any normal team would in that situation. Why is it that hard? Garrett himself said it was a stupid decision that he regrets so it isn't like he is defending the call. The stupid stick doesn't just hit the players from time to time. No, coaches are far from impervious here - especially those that try to be far too cute.

Bottom line - JUST RUN THE DAMN BALL. Line up, much like SF, and punch each other in the damn mouth en route to (hopefully) a positive gain. Either way, drop the cutesy bull shit and stop trying to out think the opposing defense.

Sadly, calls like that make our already mistake-prone players make even more mistakes. Just see the fumble on the pass call from the 2 yard line week 1. I hold Romo far more accountable for that mistake as he has to be intelligent enough to know to throw the damn thing away if there isn't an opening, but still. JUST RUN THE DAMN BALL THREE STRAIGHT TIMES and kick the field goal if you don't punch it through (you know, a FG that would have likely sealed the win).

We should be 2-0 right now. Stupidity all around prevented it. Luckily the skill on this team that I talk about regularly prevented us from being down 0-2. Will the stupidity ever stop or will we just have to hope that week in/week out the skill on this team overcomes the stupidity?

What a sad question to have to ask about your favorite team.
I thought the last drive of regulation was horribly mishandled. I'm not sure why they seemed ok with not being more aggressive and going for a TD especially with their kicking situation.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote