View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #75
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
To be clear, your point is something along the lines of, "I jumped to a fallacious, incorrect conclusion with Dirk, and I will do the same with Romo until proven wrong"?

That's....interesting.
6 years of failure up to that point and quite a few years after that to solidify my position (prior to last year) would have provided (and likely did provide) that same conclusion for many, many Mavs fans. Doesn't mean that I and others don't love the guy. Doesn't mean we don't want him to succeed. Doesn't mean we don't blindly hope. Just means that if we had a heart to heart with someone and truly gave our opinion of whether or not we thought he could get it done, the answer would be no (or would have been in Dirk's case).

Plus, let's not forget what got the big German over the hump. Interior defense played by one Tyson Chandler. Sure, #41 was genuinely beastly, but he has been beastly before without getting it done. That happens in team sports and Romo is much more "fail-infused" than Dirk ever was - but my overall stance was/is the same. Neither could win it all - until one did. I hope like hell Romo does too, but let's not act like this conclusion is based entirely on ignorance here - for Romo or for Dirk at the time.

Bottom line, Romo has F'ed up time and time again with mental gaffes that are as large as the grand canyon. Until he proves to me that he can stop that (not stop making mistakes - everyone does that - see Brady week 3) and quit with the insanely stupid decisions, well, let's just say not everyone can be: