View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #78
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
Really? Obviously Romo can play great games. Hell, he can play great seasons. The point is he is so mistake prone he will eventually lose you a game (or games) due to stupidity. That didn't happen tonight any more than it will most nights - but until he proves me wrong, the guy just can't get it done on the biggest stage. I just don't believe anymore that he can lead us to the promised land (a superbowl victory).

Week 1 earned him what the Finals collapse earned Dirk. A "we will never win it all with this guy as our leader" award. I loved Dirk just as I love Tony, but it is what I believed to my core until Dirk actually did it. Hopefully Tony does it too and I get to do a happy dance while eating crow. Until then, please lose the TAKE THAT comments. Hey - I said please.
I'm just saying to be sure you take in the whole body of work when you form judgments, and not fall prety to the kind of bias where you focus on the bad while ignoring the good. Romo has had some gaffes, that's surely true. But he's done a lot of very good things, too. In my mind, he is very much a net positive, and also a guy who I think has all of the ability to get it done on the biggest stage, if he has adequate talent around him. I think the NFL is very much a team game, much more so than the NBA. I don't think there is any QB out there who is getting it done by himself. Hell, Manning is first ballot HOF, right? What he has accomplished? One title...and a whole lot of flameouts. Just sayin'!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote