View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #80
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah...I'm pretty sure your fandom has got the best of you, in an odd sort of way. You put Peyton Manning on this team, and you're pretty much going to get the same thing you have already got.

You "simply do not share the opinion that he has the intestinal fortitude and mental competence to be consistent over the course of a playoff run to win a Super Bowl." I'm saying that you have no ground to stand on. Things like "intestinal fortitude" and "mental competence" may sound quite meaningful when you do your armchair analysis. But how do you measure those? Do you have some sort of scale?

No, I don't believe that you do. Instead, I believe that you measure them after the fact. Wait till the guy shows it, and then say he has it. ... That is entirely useless, in terms of our discussion here.

My sense is that you are chasing a fairy...this great sounding thing, that you can never have.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote